Children’s Parties At Home
- Children’s parties can be lovely at home. This means you have plenty of time to decorate without the stress of a hall pushing you in and out at certain times. If you have booked one of Felicity Fairy’s small parties we particularly recommend a home party if possible, as the theme of the party is about being in a magical grotto with the entertainer, and it is easier to achieve this atmosphere in a smaller venue.
- Larger parties can be held at home too if you have a barn or a big living room or toy room.
- The entertainers will need a chair each, a power point for the music system and a reasonably sized clear space.
- Outdoor parties work best with a marquee or bell tent as a focal point, or in a small enclosed garden space. The entertainers will need an extension cord for the music system. Please have a back-up indoor plan as the UK weather is unpredictable.
Children’s Parties In A Hired Venue
- The best party venues are those with good acoustics, usually wooden or stone church halls, school rooms or community centers. Parties can be very difficult in sports halls where the building materials create too much echo.
- All we need is a power point for our music player, a chair each for the Fairy and Pixie and enough space for all the children to stand holding hands in a BIG circle.
- If you are going to be heating sausage rolls and pizza or using the kitchen for any other preparation it’s best to pop down a week or so before the party and make sure the venue has everything you need.
- Occasionally we are asked to host a party in a park. These are lovely venues but it is important to make sure there is a marquee or large shady tree available to stop wee ones from getting sunburnt. We also request an indoor venue is also organised in case of rain. Our entertainers will decide at 9am that morning if the party will be outside or if the rain plan needs to be adhered to!
Best Party Venues: